'Extinction' ... the Saving Our Species photo exhibition ... enter now!
There are just a few days left to enter your photos for the Threatened Species photo exhibition.
It's all for a good cause!
Not sure what species are listed? Go to the OEH website to find out more:
Below is the information directly from the Saving Our Species unit and the Office of Environment & Heritage, NSW.
Thanks to those who have already made photo submissions. There is still time to submit a photo or two if you have some hidden away on a hard drive somewhere! We have a solid representation of cockatoos and orchids already but what else is out there?? Would be great to showcase flora and fauna species from right across south east NSW including Shoalhaven, Illawarra, Southern Highlands and Tablelands, Eurobodalla, Snowy Mountains, Monaro plains and South East Forests.
Submission deadline has been extended
until midnight Monday August 27.
The threatened species photo exhibition returns this September 2018!
We are currently seeking submissions for the exhibition. Similar to last year, the photographer is asked to donate the photo and nominate a conservation NGO of their choice.
If the photo is selected for exhibition, it will be sold via silent auction during the exhibition. All income generated from sales are then donated to the photographers nominated NGO.
Conditions of submission:
- Maximum of 3 photo submissions per photographer
- Photos must contain a listed threatened species or ecological community of South East NSW
- South East NSW is defined as: between the Blue Mountains and Snowies in the ranges, and Port Hacking to Nadgee Nature Reserve on the coast.
- Photos must be at least A4 in size and a minimum of 300ppi.
- Photos must not have featured in the 2017 exhibition
How to make a photo submission:
- Complete the attached image agreement (click to download MSWord file), which can be completed electronically (one for each photo)
- Submit via email along with your image to email@example.com
- If your image is over 5MB please compress or provide a transfer link
- Please use “TS day photo exhibition submission” in the subject line
- Submissions close at midnight on Monday August 27
- Successful submissions will be notified by email on Friday August 31
Save the date!
The 2018 Threatened Species exhibition will be exhibited at Pretty Good Gallery: 105 Keira Street, Wollongong
Dates: Exhibition opening Thursday 6th September 5-8pm
Continues 7th - 11th, 10am - 3pm
There is also the possibility that the exhibition will be reprinted for continuation at other locations later in the year; Merimbula? Jindabyne? Bungendore? Stay tuned for later updates
For more event details, visit the Facebook page